- what data we collect
- with whom it is shared
- what it can be done to correct it
- how is the information protected
- in what way the policy changes will be communicated
- how to address concerns over misuse of personal information
The Personal Information Collected And How It Is Used
Information about users is collected in two ways either directly from the user or from the web server logs. The collected data is used primarily to provide users with a personalized internet experience. Our goal is to deliver the information, resources, and services that are most useful and relevant to you. The information you provide will not be shared with others except when it is otherwise stated here or in the situations when we believe in good faith that the law demands it.
Information Supplied by Users
When you complete the contact information form on our website, we will require some personal information. For example, name, state, e-mail address, phone number. An e-mail address is only asked for on the contact form. If an online chat is available through our website and you want to use it, you could be requested to provide information about yourself.
We kindly ask you not to submit any confidential or sensitive, personally identifiable nformation.
For example, date of birth, Social Security Number, driver's license number, bank data, credit card number, or other important information. This is Sensitive Information. Submitting Sensitive Information is done at your own risk. We will not be answerable or liable for any results of your submission.
We will use the information you provide to John M. O'Brien & Associates, P.C. through the contact form or the online chat to respond to your inquiry or to connect with you in the future. If you do not want to receive future communications, you can opt-out by unsubscribing.
Web Server Logs
When you visit the website, data about your visit could be tracked and stored in web server logs, that are records of the activities on the site. These servers capture and save the information automatically in electronic format. Examples of the information collected:
- the unique internet protocol address from where you accessed our site
- the name of your individual internet service provider
- your town/city, county, state, and country
- they type of computer and browser you use
- the number of links you accessed within the site
- date and time of your visit
- the web page from which you arrived at the site
- what pages you viewed on the site
- certain searches or queries that you conducted via our site
This information helps us administer the website, analyze the way it is used, assure that the site and its content is not inappropriately used, and improve our users' experience.
Nobody else except John M. O'Brien & Associates, P.C. owns the information collected. The information that you voluntarily offer us via email or another direct contact form is the only personal information we have access to/collect. This will not be sold or rented to anyone.
The information you provide will be used to respond to you in regard to the reason you contacted us. John M. O'Brien & Associates, P.C. does not share information from users with any third party outside of our organization, other than if it necessary to fulfill your request. In the future, we may contact you via email to inform about services or adjustments to our privacy notice, except when you ask us not to.
How Is Personal Information Protected?
To help protect your personal data from unapproved access, use, or disclosure and accidental loss, we institute appropriate security measures. Nevertheless, we are not able to guarantee that our security measures will always be undefeated by unauthorized persons.
To protect the sensitive information transmitted online we use encryption and we also protect your data offline. Access to personally traceable information is only granted to employees who need it to perform specific tasks, for example, customer service or billing. The servers or computers where the personal information is stored are placed in a secure environment.
Who Can Access The Information?
John M. O'Brien & Associates, P.C does not sell or rent, nor leases mailing lists or other user information to others. We do not grant access to our users' personal information to any unaffiliated parties, with the following exceptions:
- to site contractors, agents, and/or vendors who could use it in our interest or in regard to their relationship with us.
- in those situations when we are unable to assist you but know an affiliate firm or lawyer that could help you, we may refer you and share the information you provided us.
- in matters of public safety or policy; as the law requires; if it is needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets; or if we trust in good faith that sharing the information is needed to protect our property or rights.
How Can Users Correct, Amend, Or Delete Their Personal Data And/Or Opt-Out Of Future Communications?
Our users can choose at any time to stop future contact with us. Contact us via phone, mailing address, or by using the contact form on our site to:
- find out what personal data we have about you if any
- change or correct the information we have
- if you want us to delete the information we have about you
- if you want to opt out of future communication with us
To receive answers to any additional questions or concerns about the privacy notice, you can contact us using the contact information listed on our website: phone number, contact form, or mailing address.
Our website contains links to other sites. John M. O'Brien & Associates, P.C. is not responsible for the content found on other sites or for their privacy practices. We encourage you to pay attention when you leave our site and read the privacy policies of any other sites you access that collect personally identifiable information.
If our privacy practices change in an important way, we will post the changes here.