More than 4.5K construction workers suffer scaffolding-related injuries each year. Roughly 6 of these accidents result in death.
Scaffolds are an indispensable tool on almost any construction site. However, when the scaffolding system is improperly set up, or it has manufacture and design defects, workers are at risk.
These type of work-related injuries usually happen because someone tried to cut corners, either the construction company, the manufacturing company or any third party entity responsible with the scaffold set up and maintenance, which makes the situation even more tragic.
Typically, scaffold accidents are caused by:
- Lack of proper fall protection
- Scaffold overload
- Hazardous scaffolding system design
- Lack of scaffold maintenance
- Low-quality materials used in the scaffold support system and planks
- Lack of training, both in working on a scaffold and in recognizing hazards
- Dangerous proximity to power lines
- Lack of safety features to protect ground workers or pedestrians from falling debris, materials or other objects
Injuries suffered from scaffold failures are often severe, sometimes fatal. Head injuries, broken bones and spinal cord injuries are among the most common.
If you were injured in a scaffold accident, either as a worker or as a pedestrian, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Call one of our offices in Elk Grove or Sacramento and, after reviewing your case, we will address your concerns, answer each of your questions, and inform you of your rights and legal options.