Scaffolding is a structural device commonly used on construction sites. When used properly, it allows workers to reach areas on the outside of a building that otherwise would be impossible. However, when it’s not properly set up or maintained, which happens a lot, serious accidents occur. Another proof that mixing potentially dangerous activities with negligence is a recipe for disaster.
Injuries associated with scaffolding accidents are usually severe and may even be fatal:
Scaffolding accidents are mainly caused by:
- Lack of proper fall protection.
- Improper scaffold safety checks
- Loading past the weight limit
- Using platforms susceptible to slipping
- Not taking into account certain weather conditions like wind, rain, low temperatures leading to ice forming on the platforms
- Cluttered platforms
- Falling materials
- Lack of training when working with a specific scaffolding system
- Dangerous scaffold design
- Improperly placing a scaffold near power lines resulting in electrocution
If you've been injured in a scaffolding accident in Sacramento County, then you are already fully aware of its devastating effects. Medical bills, loss of income, pain and suffering, are the usual costs and effects of a workplace accident. John M. O’Brien & Associates can help you find the responsible party and pursue justice and financial compensation for your injuries and losses. We always have your best interests in mind, and we’ll do everything in our power to ease your recovery process.