Scaffolding accidents are a frequent occurrence at construction sites. Workers are injured both in falls from scaffolds and by being struck by objects dropped from scaffolds. If you have been injured in an accident involving a scaffold, you may be entitled to compensation beyond Workers’ Compensation.
Scaffolding and roof falls can cause severe injuries, including:
Items falling from scaffolding and roofs can also cause serious injuries to the people standing below. These accidents can even be fatal. In fact, the U.S. government statistics list falls as the most frequent cause of death at construction sites.
As experienced trial lawyers, we have seen many ways that employers can put workers at risk of scaffold and roof accidents:
- Violating the manufacturer's instructions and assembling scaffolding incorrectly
- Failing to install required guardrail systems
- Ineffectively installing guardrails as required along platforms
- Failing to use personal fall arrest systems
- Not providing proper safety training
- Allowing workers to access scaffold platforms without enough safety training
California construction lawyers at John M. O'Brien & Associates work on behalf of injured victims to determine the best course of action for getting financial compensation after a construction site scaffolding accident. We will research the facts to determine whether the negligence of an employer or co-worker played a role in the scaffolding accident. If so, we can file a personal injury claim may against the responsible parties.